This fall 2015, Irvine will begin a 2-year partnership with Hamilton Elementary/Middle School in northeast Baltimore.
During this period, Irvine will instruct and guide both students and teachers with the goal of increasing environmental literacy and awareness. Specifically Irvine will:
- Provide biweekly instruction for all grade levels involving hands-on experiments, outdoor exploration and cross curricular activities.
- Teach professional development courses and workshops for teachers
- Assist Hamilton in becoming a certified Green School by the Maryland Association for Environmental and Outdoor Education (MAEOE)
- Oversee the school’s Green Club and provide guidance with best management projects on their schoolyard.
- Offer camping opportunities at Irvine for the school’s Green Club
This exciting partnership will maximize environmental education at the school and help meet instructional guidelines with a curriculum that supports STEM requirements as well as local, state and national standards.
Welcome to Growing Green Leaders, Hamilton!