Join a dedicated team of professionals who are passionate about nature, animals, and education. Irvine Nature Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Early childhood education Program coordinator
The Early Childhood Education Program Coordinator is a part time position (August-June) that supports Irvine’s Early Childhood Education programs including The Nature Preschool. The primary role of the Program Coordinator is to work closely with the Director of Early Childhood Education (ECE) to conduct health screens of program participants, and manage enrollment in ECE programs. The Program Coordinator reports directly to the Director of ECE.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct daily health screenings alongside the Director of ECE, daily 8-10am.
- Collaborate with the Director and the Director of Marketing to create content for Irvine’s website, social media pages, and print materials advertising ECE programming
- Monitor and respond to email and phone inquiries from potential families
- Create and monitor online registration pages for all ECE programs
- Collect and process tuition payments
- Track program enrollment and provide enrollment and expected revenue updates to the administrative team
- Act as substitute teacher for program teachers (classes for children 3yrs-5yrs)
- Maintain program space reservations on the Irvine calendar
- Provide office assistance in planning, organizing, and delivering The Nature & Young Children Summit and any Nature Preschool open houses
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Basic computer experience for sending emails, word processing, and uploading photos
- Confident excel skills
- Experience using web-based platforms like DoubleKnot and Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Minimum of high school diploma, a BA preferred
- Experience in office setting
- Experience working with young children preferred
- Current First Aid and CPR training or Wilderness Survival First Aid and CPR
- Friendly, kind, and positive attitude.
- Must present self in a professional manner in accordance with company policies.
- Must be flexible and adaptable while maintaining excellent organizational and administrative skills in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs.
- Must be able to hike up to two miles a day
Time Commitment: 15-20 hours a week, mornings, Aug 17. through June 18.
Pay: $15 an hour
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to the attention of Katie Rooney, Director of Early Childhood Education Programs, Irvine Nature Center, 11201 Garrison Forest Road, Owings Mills, MD 21117 or email HR@ExploreNature.org