Volunteers in The Nature Preschool at Irvine serve as teaching aides to help facilitate nature-based play in a safe, calm learning environment.Duties include reading to children,assisting with outdoor exploration, engaging with children during daily hikes, and helping with set-up and clean-up. Volunteers must be physically capable of hiking up to two miles per day. Per our licensing agreement all volunteers must comply with State regulations, attend an orientation, and participate in periodic preschool staff meetings and events.
- Experience and/or strong desire to work with children ages 3-5 years old
- Enthusiasm and curiosity about the natural world
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong communications skills
- Positive attitude and professional demeanor
- Your own transportation
*Current First Aid/CPR helpful, but not required.
Hours: Variable depending on The Nature Preschool needs. Minimum time commitment is 3.5 hours/week. Maximum is 20 hours/week. Must commit to a full semester (Sept. – Dec. or Jan.-May) or for a full school year (Sept.-May).
Please send resume and three references to CourtneySagal@ExploreNature.org