Native Plant Seminar & Sale
THE NATIVE PLANT SEMINAR 2014 HAS SOLD OUT. BUT EVERYONE IS WELCOME AT THE NATIVE PLANT SALE!
Join us for our annual Native Plant Seminar & Sale on August 23, 2014.
It's perfect for homeowners, garden club enthusiasts, Native Plant Society members, nursery/landscape professionals, land managers and environmental educators. Three post-seminar workshops will be offered in the afternoon. This seminar provides a great opportunity to increase your knowledge about native vegetation, sustainable practices and the conservation of our regional landscapes.
Throughout the day, the region’s finest native nurseries will provide an opportunity to learn more about species native to the Piedmont region and to purchase a wide selection of top quality native plant material. Seminar registrants will be admitted to the plant sale at 7:30 a.m.
Read the 2014 Native Plant Seminar Brochure to learn more about the speakers and pricing.
NATIVE PLANT NURSERIES ATTENDING
Enchanter’s Garden | Hinton, W.Va.
Environmental Concern | St. Michaels, Md.
Go Native Tree Farms | Lancaster, Pa.
Hill House Farm and Nursery | Castleton, Va.
Kollar Nursery | Pylesville, Md.
Meadowsweet Nursery | West Grove, Pa.
Sylva Native Nursery | Glen Rock, Pa.
Wicklein’s Water Gardens and Natives | Baltimore, Md.
Native Plant Seminar & Sale 2014 Program
7:30 a.m. Registration & Early Bird Plant Sale* for Seminar Registrants
9 a.m. Plant Sale Open to the Public, Seminar Welcome
9:10 a.m. Darrel Morrison − Landscape Design as Ecological Art
10:20 a.m. Morning Breakout Sessions
1. The Ever-Changing Story of the Mysterious Pink Lady’s-Slipper – Doug Gill
2. Restoring Natural Ecology – Jeff Wolinski
3. School Gardens and Native Plants: A Community Partnership – Kay McConnell
11:20 a.m. Break (coffee and snack will be provided)
11:40 a.m. Sam Droege − When You Plant Native Plants, You Are Planting Native Bees.
12:40 a.m. Seminar Concludes, Lunch & Shopping (Enjoy lunch, shop at the region’s best native plant nurseries and spend time shopping in Irvine’s Nature Store.)
2 p.m. Workshops Begin Pre-registration is required. Space is limited and there’s an additional charge.
1. Growing Up Wild: Luring Our Kids into Our Gardens – Janet Davis
2. Exotic and Invasive Plants of Maryland – Vanessa Beauchamp
3. What’s Wrong with My Tree? Understanding The Dynamics of Tree Health – Steve Sprague
3:30 p.m. Workshops Conclude
4 p.m. Native Plant Sale Ends
* Native plant sale open to the public 9 a.m.- 4 p.m. Registrants can take advantage of free “plant-sitting” during the seminar.